Houston, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, December 8, 2023
Use your mechanical talents to help test a spaceplane
Build custom test stands and other fabrications
Be at the center of changing history
We are a hypersonic transportation startup focused on doing what people once thought was impossible: traveling to the other side of the world in an hour. We are a tech haven for people with vision who want more than “just a job.” And if you have a talent for mechanics, we have a place for you to build our test stands and maintain our testing facilities for the engines and systems that will propel our spaceplane.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Learn from the Best
Work with our visionary aerospace scientists, innovators, and out-of-the-box thinkers. These are extremely experienced veterans in the fields of new space, research, development, and military aeronautical science.
Work on the Cutting Edge of New Technologies
You’ll be part of something new, so it’s open to those with experience in a variety of industries. Learn new skills and best practices from the best in the industry — all while helping to change the way the world will travel.
Be Part of History
Work where you can contribute to a dramatically different future. At Venus Aerospace, you can put your talents to work assembling test stands for a new generation of engines, as well as new types of fuel and oxidizer systems. You’ll get elbow-deep into fabrication and instrumentation, shop buildout, and test area maintenance.
What You Have:
- 4+ years relevant experience
- Fabrication experience such as seamless tube bending and flaring, metal fabrication, precision drilling, and precision cleaning, etc.
- Instrumentation experience such as troubleshooting sensors, wire routing/harnessing, soldering, and crimping, etc.
- Experience with pumps and boosters; vacuum, hydrostatic and pneumatic pumps of all sortsOperation experience with forklift, sky track, boom lift, and scissor lift
- Ability to communicate clearly and proficiently over communication devices
- Troubleshooting skills for mechanical and electrical issues
- Ability to meet ITAR requirements
- Ability to follow Hazmat protocols in dealing with hazardous chemicals and waste
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
What Will Set You Apart:
- Technical expertise with R&D Test Operations. Building, maintaining, and operating test stands: engine test, structural test, flow test, etc.
- Familiarity with propulsion systems
- A&P, SAE, or ASE certification
- Experience with electrical and mechanical fabrication
- Experience with pressurized gasses and liquids up to 6000 psia
Venus Aerospace employee benefits include a 401(k) plan, stock options, and medical benefits, including dental and vision. We have a flex Friday flexible schedule, vacation/sick time, and receive professional development opportunities.
On-site in Houston, TX.
About Venus Aerospace
By enabling one hour global travel, Venus Aerospace is transforming the world and our access to it. We’re building a spaceplane that with a low carbon footprint that will enable one-hour global travel. We are a diverse, veteran team with extreme experience in successful new space, commercial, R&D, and government/military programs.
We are looking for incredible, motivated, enthusiastic people that want to build a world-changing culture and organization. You will be helping Venus grow and develop, so flexibility and a sense of adventure is quintessential. We are looking for all-around AWESOME people to help us grow.
We’ve done the professional grind, and we’ve got a better approach. We take “Home for Dinner” seriously – we want you to work for us and be “home for dinner”. Family is important and we don’t want you to miss out on what matters most. If that appeals to you, we’d love to connect!
This position involves access to technology that is subject to U.S. export controls. Any job offer made will be contingent upon the applicant’s capacity to serve in compliance with U.S. export controls. To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be able to meet ITAR requirements (U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State). You can learn more about ITAR here.
Venus Aerospace Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Venus Aerospace is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.