Executive Administrative Assistant
Houston, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 3, 2023
We are a hypersonic transportation startup focused on doing what people once thought was impossible. We are a great combination of tech and teams whose work is more than just a job. You’ll help our ambitious, high-functioning leaders develop and achieve a mission that will change the world.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Be a dynamo (without apologizing for it).
In this critical support position, take as much authority as you can handle. Get to know our teams, understand their leaders, and help our C-level executives guide them, support them, and lead them to success. As the secret weapon/ear-to-the-ground observer/administrative partner to a CEO and CTO, you’ll make the paperwork flow, keep the calendar moving, and convey a meet-our-deadlines momentum.
Psst… In past jobs, you may have had to hide that you’re one of the smartest, most capable people in the room because no one “appreciates” superior traits in an admin. Well, don’t worry about hiding your brilliance and ability at Venus — we want you to shine.
Get real and stay real.
Venus Aerospace is a special place – seriously – but let’s not pretend about this: We’ve got expense reports to file, travel reservations to make, meetings to coordinate, spreadsheets to create, deliverables to track, presentations to proofread, and follow-up emails to send, just like any other serious company. The thing is, when you do all that here, working alongside our extremely experienced leaders, your role has more meaning than being “just” an executive admin in a corporation. You’ll be part of a historic race to create one-hour global space flight for everyone. That’s. What. You’ll. Do.
Bring your brand of “frictionless-ness.”
Trust us on this: No one appreciates a frictionless environment more than space experts. And you already know how to minimize resistance – by managing your leader, making things happen, and encouraging others to meet tight deadlines. In fact, in your current role, no one quite knows how you stay so incredibly organized and deal with so many personalities. Of course, your diplomacy skills, calm demeanor, and ability to manage confidentiality are top-notch, too.
Spend your time at the top.
You won’t have to wait for the annual holiday party to chat up Venus’ top leaders. In this role, they’ll be part of your workday. You’ll be taken into their confidence, entrusted with vital information, and given a wide range of important matters to handle. And you’ll make decisions based on that knowledge without direct supervision. Metaphorically, you’re the producer who arranges everything the lead actor needs to move the story forward at a fast pace.
What You Have – the Basics:
- Ability to meet ITAR requirements.
- 5+ years of C-suite and executive level administrative support experience
- The know-how to coordinate meetings, prioritize tasks, manage schedules, make appointments, handle expense reports, arrange complex travel and, when it comes to administrative matters, manage your boss.
- Diplomacy skills to liaise between external partners or internal teams.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken forms), including flawless grammar and spelling.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.), as well as proficiency with Google Workspace, project management tools, and other common workplace tools such as Calendly, Zoom, and Teams.
- Highly organized, reliable, solution-oriented, empathetic, and use good judgment.
- Adaptable when circumstances change.
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on efficiency without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to coordinate logistics for external meetings, including crafting agendas and arranging audio-visual setup.
- Anticipatory approach, proactively looking ahead for needs or obstacles and suggesting approaches and solutions to your C-level leader or team.
- Experience working in a small, growing, fast-paced startup
- Ability to manage and protect confidential and sensitive information while also demonstrating the utmost discretion
What Sets You Apart:
- Bachelor’s degree or some college; intellect and experience on which an executive can rely for support
- Experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with contracts and agreements
- Paralegal experience
Venus Aerospace employee benefits include a 401(k) plan, stock options, and medical benefits, including dental and vision. We have a 9/80 flexible schedule, have unlimited PTO, and receive professional development opportunities.
This role is based on-site at Ellington Field in Houston, Texas.
Venus Aerospace is changing the world.
We’re building a spaceplane that will enable one-hour global travel. We are a veteran team with extreme experience in successful new space, commercial, R&D, and government/military programs. We want to fly travelers to the other side of the world and have them “Home for Dinner.” When you work with us, we want you to be home for dinner, too, because FAMILY and BALANCE matter. We’ve done the professional grind, and we’ve got a better approach. If that appeals to you, we’d love to connect!
About Venus Aerospace
By enabling one hour global travel, Venus Aerospace is transforming the world and our access to it. We’re building a zero-carbon emission spaceplane that will enable one-hour global travel. We are a diverse, veteran team with extreme experience in successful new space, commercial, R&D, and government/military programs.
We are looking for incredible, motivated, enthusiastic people that want to build a world-changing culture and organization. You will be helping Venus grow and develop, so flexibility and a sense of adventure is quintessential. We are looking for all-around AWESOME people to help us grow.
We’ve done the professional grind, and we’ve got a better approach. We take “Home for Dinner” seriously – we want you to work for us and be “home for dinner”. Family is important and we don’t want you to miss out on what matters most. If that appeals to you, we’d love to connect!
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be able to meet ITAR requirements (U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State). You can learn more about ITAR here.
Venus Aerospace Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Venus Aerospace is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.