Part time OB-GYN for Tia Scottsdale office
Tia is a full-stack women's healthcare business that builds products, tools and services to help every woman be her own patient advocate and get meaningfully better healthcare. Our latest product is the Tia Clinic — a "one-stop-shop" for female health with gynecology, primary care and wellness under one roof, and one health record. We’re putting the soul back in medicine, one patient and one provider at a time.
As a mission driven team, we’ve rallied so that patients & providers might be able to experience healthcare with greater satisfaction, less frustration & improved outcomes, which means not just upending operational models, care models and technology, but entirely redefining the emotional journey of each team member as we experience this journey together.
Read more about Tia’s:
- Products: https://asktia.com/article/what-is-product-at-tia
- Services: https://asktia.com/
- Care principles: https://www.asktia.com/care-philosophy/
About the role:
We’re looking for a part-time physician (OBGYN or Family Medicine) passionate about women’s health and with colposcopy and/or LEEP skills for Tia’s Scottsdale, AZ clinic.
As a Physician at Tia you’ll be integral to the excellent care we provide. Your clinical expertise related to the full spectrum of providing affirming care for women including: gynecological services, primary care, procedures and holistic whole person care is welcome! ]
For this specific role we are looking for a physician who is able to spend 2-4 days/month providing procedural (Colposcopy, LEEP, office based gynecology procedures) and gynecology consults to our patients in our Scottsdale, AZ clinic. Board certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology or Family Medicine preferred but will consider other relevant specialties.
Physicians are a vital piece of our interdisciplinary care team - and this role affords you the opportunity to provide direct patient care but also engage in teaching and collaboration.
A bit about you:
Values and abilities you’ll bring to Tia:
- You’re motivated to elevate women’s care by bringing a shared-decision making approach to women’s health.
- You believe that each woman knows her body best, though she may need help interpreting what the signs mean. Your mission as a woman’s healthcare provider is to help your patients understand those signs and develop robust, multi-faceted treatment plans to reach health goals. You practice this by being a true partner on a patient’s health journey, never dogmatic, rigid or glued to institutions.
- You’re facile with technology and interested in the process of developing new technology to support high quality clinical care.
- You’re data driven and consistently incorporate new and evolving research into your day-to-day practice
- You are excited about teaching and collaborating with an interdisciplinary team - including nurse practitioners, therapists, acupuncture and chinese medicine providers and physical therapists.
- You are a tolerant and inclusive thinker. You believe in sex-positive, no judgement and radically inclusive healthcare for every person, and espouse these values in your everyday life.
Skills and assets you’ll bring to Tia:
- You’re a board certified Physician (OBGYN or Family Medicine preferred), in the state of Arizona, with an unrestricted license.
- You’re adept at providing outpatient women’s healthcare inclusive of gynecology - with procedural skills (colposcopy, IUD insertion and removal, LEEP, endometrial biopsies).
- Plus if you are able to provide primary care services as well
- You’re highly tech savvy
- You’re authorized to work in the US
Other “nice to have” skills:
- As an organization that seeks to create an environment for all women to feel safe, heard, recognized and avowed in their health, bodies and lives, we are consistently seeking providers with backgrounds that are meaningfully different from those already forming our team. You bring a diverse background, a range of care experiences in different communities or various modalities.
- A strong understanding of & interest in chronic stress and trauma as it relates to health is a plus.
- Experience or formal training weaving integrative medicine practices into your care plan development.
- Contracted with major payers (BCBS / Anthem, Cigna, Aetna, United)
Practice within the Tia Care model and motivate the other Tia team members to do so
- Embody the Tia clinical model in practice at the Clinic
- Participates in team training when appropriate to help ensure all team members deliver care up to clinical quality standards and incorporate the Tia Care model.
- Effectively integrate new elements of the Tia Care model that are being testing into the Tia system
- Use Tia tech platforms and documentation systems to optimize communication and supports appropriate billing
- Participate in lunch and learns sessions at Tia, hosting some didactic sessions on your own area of expertise as well as participating in others’
Ensure an excellent patient experience while balancing clinical requirements
- See any and all patients requiring care; deliver both patient sets an amazing experience
- Effectively handle escalations relating to patient satisfaction or clinical issues that need escalation in care
Effectively escalates issue at the clinic to the appropriate leadership when necessary
- Reports on technology performance giving constructive feedback to the technology team— helping to dive into issues that are impacting practice.
- Reports to Tia and site clinic leadership on operational or clinical model issues
- Reports to the National Medical Director and/or local medical director on issues relating to care quality concerns among care providers from site
Collaborate with the interdisciplinary care team
- Create a respectful and collaborative environment for all clinical colleagues
- Provide clinical guidance to medical assistants as needed
- Serve as a collaborative physician for Nurse Practitioner Colleagues
- Maintain licensure and appropriate re-certifications
- Maintain board certification and active license in all states as required by Tia to do one’s role
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Flexible schedule to meet your needs
- Market competitive salary
- Medical and dental benefits, annual CME stipend and paid holidays, robust vacation and sick leave for full-time employees
Tia is an equal opportunity employer