Lead Clinical Assistant (Lead Medical Assistant)
ROLE: Lead Clinical Assistant
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm and 11:00am-7:00pm
some Saturdays 7:30am-4:00pm
COMPENSATION/PAY: $26.25 - $31.00/hr DOE
8910 Washington Blvd
Culver City, CA 90232
ROLE: LEAD CA
As one of Tia’s Lead Clinical Assistant, you will coordinate the Front Desk Associates & Medical Assistants as they perform their tasks and enable a smooth clinic workflow on a day by day basis. You will be responsible for directing traffic & ensuring patients are moving smoothly through the flow. You will be expected to perform the Front Desk Associate and/or & Medical Assistant duties when needed. As a Lead, you must ensure that all personnel treat patients and visitors with courtesy. You’re expected to anticipate staff and patient requirements and actively pursue solutions or interventions.
REPORTS TO: Clinic Manager
- Maintain a 360 view of the clinic
- Improve daily productivity by keeping track of appointments, patient flow, and waiting areas.
- Create BOH & FOH schedules by monthly deadline; work with Clinic Manager to ensure schedules are effective, efficient, & meet clinic needs
- Conduct a 15-minute live daily huddle or e-huddle to communicate the daily game plan.
- Organize the daily work activities and schedules of employees and provide coverage as required.
- Implement coaching for all Medical Assistants & Front Desk Associates and assist in their training
- Prepares for the patient appointment by reviewing and updating patient records before patient arrival
- Make sure all exam rooms are prepared for the type of exam/procedure to be performed if needed
- Maintains patient confidentiality following all HIPAA policies and procedures
- Communicates in a timely and professional manner with patients and other members of the care team at all times ensuring clinic patient flow is progressive
- Follows all medication policies and procedures for labeling, storing, and use
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments per protocol
- Knows surgical and diagnostic office procedures
- Purges all expired medications and office supplies
- Handles patient escalations as needed
- Spearhead all administrative duties varying from scanning and uploading patient medical health information, documentation upkeep of clinic operations such as Inventory, Mail assortment, facilities, Accuracy in DrChrono Appointments, etc.
MAY SUPPORT WITH
- Review insurance to ensure verification status
- Check patients in on arrival
- Escort the patient to the exam room
- Complete vitals
- Set communication in motion with Provider and in communication channel
- Basic housekeeping to ensure communal areas are stocked, cleanly, and maintained.
- Communication with facilities team & vendors to schedule any on-site work
- Reviews patients chart one day in advance to prep for visit
- Run controls
- Autoclave maintenance
- Surgical equipment sterilization
- Set-up and chaperone surgical procedure
- Obtains patient consents for any procedures
- Maintains an appropriate level of office supplies and medical forms at workstation
- Reviews clinic inbox in Tia MD
- Supports Provider with U.A CX, HCG, glucose testing
AD- HOC DUTIES
- Through cross-functional collaboration, can execute ad-hoc projects as needed and meet deadlines.
- Undertake additional ad-hoc projects to help with clinic operations varying from research, product sourcing, G-Suite Documentation of processes, miscellaneous errands, and facilitation of team meetings and training.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / TARGET EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years MA experience; MA Diploma preferred, but not required
- Minimum 2-3 years of healthcare experience, which includes three years of healthcare with multiple provider offices
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: IRL
Other important details:
- You’re willing to work nights & weekends, if needed
- You’re authorized to work in the US
- Tia is an equal opportunity employer
Tia requires that Medical Assistants complete credentialing with specified payors and that you authorize Tia to complete this credentialing through our preferred vendors.
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!
- $25.25 - $29.00/hr
Founded in 2017 by Carolyn Witte and Felicity Yost, Tia is the modern medical home for women. We are trailblazing a new paradigm for women’s healthcare that treats women as whole people vs. parts or life stages. Blending in-person and virtual care services, Tia’s “Whole Woman, Whole Life” care model fuses gynecology, primary care, mental health and evidence-based wellness services to treat women comprehensively. By making women’s health higher quality and lower cost, Tia makes women healthier, providers happier, and the business of care delivery stronger — setting a new standard of care for women everywhere.
Tia has raised more than $132 Million in venture capital funding to date, including a recent $100 Million Series B investment, one of the largest early-stage rounds ever for a healthcare company focused on women. Tia has ambitious plans to scale its “whole-woman, whole-life” model to more than 100,000 women by 2023. We’ll do this by growing virtual and in-person operations in existing and new markets while expanding its service lines to care for women throughout their entire lives -- from puberty to menopause. Since launching in 2017, Tia has grown to serve thousands of women aged 18-80 with blended in-person and virtual care in New York City, Los Angeles, Phoenix and soon San Francisco.
We’re building a world class team to reimagine women’s healthcare. We’re an interdisciplinary team of clinicians, researchers, designers, technologists and operators who have seen firsthand how broken the healthcare system is for women. We’re united by a powerful mission to enable every woman to achieve optimal health, as defined by herself, as well as a shared set of values and principles that define our business, products, and culture.
Tia is building a culture of excellence — in people, process and product. This is our northstar value;
What is excellence, exactly?
Excellence about constantly elevating yourself, it is the process of constantly striving to perform to the best of your abilities, and identifying your top potential through constant learning, experimentation and evolution. Excellence is not about achieving perfection, as that insinuates a pinnacle. Instead, in our terms, excellence is about the pursuit of constant improvement. We’re looking for people who want to go on that hard journey of constantly setting new personal records, and organizational records.
We practice excellence at Tia by demonstrating the following types of behaviors: We chose (and actively choose) excellence as Tia’s highest order value because it crystalizes into one word several behaviors that we hold dear, specifically:
- A drive to constantly improve through experimentation, reflection. and an insatiable growth mindset — said another way, we’re energized by the possibility of invention, innovation, and iteration
- Being present in and grateful for the journey — not just the goal line. Perfection is static. Excellence is a process (more on this important distinction below)
- Asking why, then why again — because accepting “this is just the way it is” is not good enough
- Grit & perseverance — a maker mentality that involves “rolling up your sleeves”, but also deep care for oneself and for others
- A commitment to uncovering talents to unlock “rock star” potential across every individual
- Free Tia Membership: Enjoy complimentary access to Tia's premium services.
- Comprehensive Health Coverage: Full-time employees receive medical, dental, and vision benefits, along with access to additional support for infertility services.
- Insurance Package: Gain coverage with life, AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance, and explore voluntary options for Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, and Life coverage for you and your family.
- Financial Flexibility: Take advantage of Health Spending Account, Flexible Spending Account, and Dependent Care Spending Account options.
- Emotional Well-being Support: Access Ginger+ (Headspace+) for Emotional Health Coaching and 8 Virtual Therapy Sessions for both you and eligible dependents aged 13 and above.
- Retirement Planning: Participate in our 401k program (no matching currently) to secure your financial future.
- Time Off Flexibility: Tia's comprehensive benefits extend to our Paid Time Off (PTO) program, providing employees with paid time off for vacations, personal needs, or as supplemental sick time.
- Tech Excellence: Depending on your role, access top-tier technology, including a 13" MacBook Pro, iPad, or other Apple devices.
Furthermore, excellence reflects the “bigness” and the “boldness” of Tia’s mission and vision — a world in which every woman can achieve optimal health, as defined by herself.
Said another way, Tia’s mission is NOT to make healthcare incrementally better for women. Instead, we’ve intentionally set out to create a fundamentally new paradigm for modern women’s healthcare that’s truly excellent. We believe that creating a company that operates in a culture of excellence will manifest in our product. Reaching this goal is not an overnight pursuit or a “one and done.” We have not and will not “get it right” with the first swing. Rather, this higher order goal is a moving target — one we have not and will not ever fully “achieve.” By design, we will never be “done” with this work, but instead, we will be continuously in pursuit of our mission. It is this continuous pursuit — the journey, not the finish line — that truly embodies excellence.