Practice Manager (Women's Primary Care) (LA: West)
Role Title: Clinic Manager
Location: Managing Clinics in West LA
Compensation Range: Per California Pay Transparency Laws (as of Jan 1, 2022), the compensation range for this role ($90,000-$125,000)
Role Summary: As the Tia Clinic Manager, you directly own operational policies and procedures, financials & performance, and patient & staff experience for the clinics you manage. You will work closely with our clinician managers to ensure your clinic(s) hit overall performance targets. You will directly manage all administrative staff. You will support the clinic team by setting the tone and intention at the clinic as an inspirational and thoughtful leader. This is an in-person role and the expectation is that you will be on-site at the clinics you manage.
Tia Company values you “spike” on:
- Lead with compassion
- Achieve excellence, with regard to impact over effort
- Ownership mentality
- Experiment always, despite the possibility of failure
- Practice a meritocracy of ideas
- You approach ambiguity with excitement and readiness to problem-solve
- Teamwork-centric but with respect for top down directives when necessary
- Act as a pack, not a lone wolf
- Find joy and gratitude every day
- Ability to connect with others, exudes empathy and compassion
- Team player
- Excellent communicator
- Excellent client-service orientation
- Extremely good at prioritization
- Highly organized
- Process-oriented thinking
- Ability to drive to decisions
- High EQ- good interpersonal communication + empathy
- Great time management
- Problem perception + escalation
- Creative problem-solving
- Ability to manage and communicate up
- Can navigate ambiguity
- “Rallies the troops”
- Proficiency in MS/Google Suite
- Budget and P&L management
- Ability to interpret & act on performance metrics
- Customer service skills
- Process of creating and implementing SOPs
- Problem perception + escalation
- Recruiting & hiring processes
- Skills to motivate. You can build a team of leaders
- Talent magnet / people management
- Must thrive in a start-up environment, be comfortable with change, and effective at change management for your team
- Responsible for hiring, onboarding & training of clinic administrative staff
- Create staff schedules, manage payroll, talent development for your team
- Assist in the opening of new clinics
- Maintain Tia space cleanliness & hospitality standards
- Monitor & manage clinic financials– including external vendors, supply costs, wage rates
- In partnership with clinician managers, implement processes to ensure clinic hits quality of care, compliance, & financial goals
- Build positive relationships with clinicians, support staff, patients, community and vendors; manage conflict with care and empathy
- Manage the patient feedback escalation process for your market by ensuring feedback is escalated to the right stakeholders and resolved, and that the patient feels heard
- Identify, plan and participate in marketing activities and community events that increase patient volume and engagement
- Act as a representative of Tia to potential members, health system partners, etc. via clinic tours & external meetings
- Ensure clinic operations run smoothly, including ownership of all systems and processes
- Participate in the product feedback and development cycle
- Set the tone and intention of your clinic to inspire positive collaboration with your team by acting as a pack, not a lone wolf
- Must be able to work some flexible/non-traditional hours including occasional weekends and some holidays
- Proven leadership in the healthcare industry
- At least 2 years of management experience (multi-unit experience is a plus)
- Hospitality background a plus
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
- 401k benefits
- Open to travel 5% of the job (outside of managed clinics- to other markets, offsites, new space openings)
Founded in 2017 by Carolyn Witte and Felicity Yost, Tia is the modern medical home for women. We are trailblazing a new paradigm for women’s healthcare that treats women as whole people vs. parts or life stages. Blending in-person and virtual care services, Tia’s “Whole Woman, Whole Life” care model fuses gynecology, primary care, mental health and evidence-based wellness services to treat women comprehensively. By making women’s health higher quality and lower cost, Tia makes women healthier, providers happier, and the business of care delivery stronger — setting a new standard of care for women everywhere.
Tia has raised more than $132 Million in venture capital funding to date, including a recent $100 Million Series B investment, one of the largest early-stage rounds ever for a healthcare company focused on women. Tia has ambitious plans to scale its “whole-woman, whole-life” model to more than 100,000 women by 2023. We’ll do this by growing virtual and in-person operations in existing and new markets while expanding its service lines to care for women throughout their entire lives -- from puberty to menopause. Since launching in 2017, Tia has grown to serve thousands of women aged 18-80 with blended in-person and virtual care in New York City, Los Angeles, Phoenix and soon San Francisco.
We’re building a world class team to reimagine women’s healthcare. We’re an interdisciplinary team of clinicians, researchers, designers, technologists and operators who have seen firsthand how broken the healthcare system is for women. We’re united by a powerful mission to enable every woman to achieve optimal health, as defined by herself, as well as a shared set of values and principles that define our business, products, and culture.
Tia is building a culture of excellence — in people, process and product. This is our northstar value;
What is excellence, exactly?
Excellence about constantly elevating yourself, it is the process of constantly striving to perform to the best of your abilities, and identifying your top potential through constant learning, experimentation and evolution. Excellence is not about achieving perfection, as that insinuates a pinnacle. Instead, in our terms, excellence is about the pursuit of constant improvement. We’re looking for people who want to go on that hard journey of constantly setting new personal records, and organizational records.
We practice excellence at Tia by demonstrating the following types of behaviors: We chose (and actively choose) excellence as Tia’s highest order value because it crystalizes into one word several behaviors that we hold dear, specifically:
- A drive to constantly improve through experimentation, reflection. and an insatiable growth mindset — said another way, we’re energized by the possibility of invention, innovation, and iteration
- Being present in and grateful for the journey — not just the goal line. Perfection is static. Excellence is a process (more on this important distinction below)
- Asking why, then why again — because accepting “this is just the way it is” is not good enough
- Grit & perseverance — a maker mentality that involves “rolling up your sleeves”, but also deep care for oneself and for others
- A commitment to uncovering talents to unlock “rock star” potential across every individual
Furthermore, excellence reflects the “bigness” and the “boldness” of Tia’s mission and vision — a world in which every woman can achieve optimal health, as defined by herself.
Said another way, Tia’s mission is NOT to make healthcare incrementally better for women. Instead, we’ve intentionally set out to create a fundamentally new paradigm for modern women’s healthcare that’s truly excellent. We believe that creating a company that operates in a culture of excellence will manifest in our product. Reaching this goal is not an overnight pursuit or a “one and done.” We have not and will not “get it right” with the first swing. Rather, this higher order goal is a moving target — one we have not and will not ever fully “achieve.” By design, we will never be “done” with this work, but instead, we will be continuously in pursuit of our mission. It is this continuous pursuit — the journey, not the finish line — that truly embodies excellence.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!