Role Title: Access Specialist
Location: New York, San Francisco, LA, or Phoenix This position is primarily remote - and requires in-clinic presence quarterly for team meetings and training.
We seek motivated, compassionate individuals to join our Operations team as Access Specialists. The dedication of the Access Specialists team is to drive an excellent patient experience through thoughtful patient interactions that drive consistent, effective, and efficient scheduling support, creating a patient-centric environment that benefits both patients and the organization. You will be pivotal in ensuring our Tia members receive exceptional customer service and support. By optimizing the patient experience, the team contributes to improved healthcare outcomes, increased utilization, and a positive reputation for the organization. Your primary focus will be managing provider schedules, ensuring accuracy, and promptly and efficiently addressing patient access needs.
The Access Specialists team will transform the patient experience by ensuring consistent, effective, and efficient scheduling support. Minimizing scheduling errors will enhance provider experience and increase utilization, benefiting our patients and the organization.
- Access & Schedule Management:
- Conduct daily and weekly schedule reviews to identify and rectify any scheduling errors related to appointment timing, mapping, or type.
- Manage rescheduling processes -primarily through phone calls- ensuring patients are rebooked and schedules are appropriately blocked when necessary.
- Maintain an active waitlist to maximize the utilization of canceled slots.
- Assist Clinic leads in achieving schedule flexibility to accommodate specific requests, fostering patient-centric care.
- Provider Schedule Adjustments:
- Adjust provider schedules for out-of-office blocks, last-minute changes, or other unforeseen circumstances to minimize disruptions.
- Manage Provider schedule template
- Collaboration & Team Engagement:
- Attend weekly meetings with the Clinic Manager to align on weekly priorities and review patient waitlists, cancellations, and out-of-office schedules.
- Work collaboratively with clinical and operational counterparts to ensure seamless patient access.
- Schedule Rollout & Quality Control:
- Periodically roll out provider schedules for designated time frames efficiently and accurately.
- Perform quality controls of rolled-out schedules to maintain high standards of accuracy and efficiency.
- Handle day-to-day scheduling tasks efficiently and promptly.
- Escalate errors promptly to leadership and relevant stakeholders to ensure swift resolution.
- Provide out-of-office coverage for market teams to avoid disruptions during absences or sick leaves.
- Facilitate cross-training for markets to avoid single points of failure within the team.
- Participate in the onboarding and continued training program to continuously enhance skills and knowledge.
- Communicate clearly, efficiently, and compassionately with patients to manage rescheduling.
- Collaborate with Clinic Manager and Clinic Lead to gather scheduling requirements and understand schedule needs.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- High school diploma; Associate Degree preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role in a healthcare setting
- Willingness to be present in-clinic quarterly
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- 2-3 years of experience with healthcare scheduling software and EMR
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey information clearly and concisely.
- Empathetic and patient demeanor, with the ability to remain composed under pressure
- Phone etiquette and call management skills required
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams.
- Ability to solve complex scheduling concerns.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
Founded in 2017 by Carolyn Witte and Felicity Yost, Tia is the modern medical home for women. We are trailblazing a new paradigm for women’s healthcare that treats women as whole people vs. parts or life stages. Blending in-person and virtual care services, Tia’s “Whole Woman, Whole Life” care model fuses gynecology, primary care, mental health and evidence-based wellness services to treat women comprehensively. By making women’s health higher quality and lower cost, Tia makes women healthier, providers happier, and the business of care delivery stronger — setting a new standard of care for women everywhere.
Tia has raised more than $132 Million in venture capital funding to date, including a recent $100 Million Series B investment, one of the largest early-stage rounds ever for a healthcare company focused on women. Tia has ambitious plans to scale its “whole-woman, whole-life” model to more than 100,000 women by 2023. We’ll do this by growing virtual and in-person operations in existing and new markets while expanding its service lines to care for women throughout their entire lives -- from puberty to menopause. Since launching in 2017, Tia has grown to serve thousands of women aged 18-80 with blended in-person and virtual care in New York City, Los Angeles, Phoenix and soon San Francisco.
We’re building a world class team to reimagine women’s healthcare. We’re an interdisciplinary team of clinicians, researchers, designers, technologists and operators who have seen firsthand how broken the healthcare system is for women. We’re united by a powerful mission to enable every woman to achieve optimal health, as defined by herself, as well as a shared set of values and principles that define our business, products, and culture.
Tia is building a culture of excellence — in people, process and product. This is our northstar value;
What is excellence, exactly?
Excellence about constantly elevating yourself, it is the process of constantly striving to perform to the best of your abilities, and identifying your top potential through constant learning, experimentation and evolution. Excellence is not about achieving perfection, as that insinuates a pinnacle. Instead, in our terms, excellence is about the pursuit of constant improvement. We’re looking for people who want to go on that hard journey of constantly setting new personal records, and organizational records.
We practice excellence at Tia by demonstrating the following types of behaviors: We chose (and actively choose) excellence as Tia’s highest order value because it crystalizes into one word several behaviors that we hold dear, specifically:
- A drive to constantly improve through experimentation, reflection. and an insatiable growth mindset — said another way, we’re energized by the possibility of invention, innovation, and iteration
- Being present in and grateful for the journey — not just the goal line. Perfection is static. Excellence is a process (more on this important distinction below)
- Asking why, then why again — because accepting “this is just the way it is” is not good enough
- Grit & perseverance — a maker mentality that involves “rolling up your sleeves”, but also deep care for oneself and for others
- A commitment to uncovering talents to unlock “rock star” potential across every individual
Furthermore, excellence reflects the “bigness” and the “boldness” of Tia’s mission and vision — a world in which every woman can achieve optimal health, as defined by herself.
Said another way, Tia’s mission is NOT to make healthcare incrementally better for women. Instead, we’ve intentionally set out to create a fundamentally new paradigm for modern women’s healthcare that’s truly excellent. We believe that creating a company that operates in a culture of excellence will manifest in our product. Reaching this goal is not an overnight pursuit or a “one and done.” We have not and will not “get it right” with the first swing. Rather, this higher order goal is a moving target — one we have not and will not ever fully “achieve.” By design, we will never be “done” with this work, but instead, we will be continuously in pursuit of our mission. It is this continuous pursuit — the journey, not the finish line — that truly embodies excellence.
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!