Front Desk Associate (Part Time) Soho-NY
Role Title: Front Desk Associate,
440 Broome St 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10013
Manager: Clinic Manager, New York
Schedule: Part Time- Monday - Friday 7:30am - 12:30pm; Rotating Saturdays 7:30am - 4:00pm
Compensation: $20.75-23.00/hr Depending on Experience
- Tia’s Front Desk Associates (FDAs) work to assist with ensuring hospitable patient member experience and maintaining efficient front-of-house patient flow so the clinic runs smoothly.
- Acts as the liaison between patient, care coordinators, and providers at Tia by keeping team members updated and process issues.
- Actively participates in reporting feedback/suggestions related to patient care, and clinic or front of house process to supervisory staff.
“Conditions for Excellence” Behaviors & Principles in the Front Desk Associate Role:
- Interdependence is the willingness and ability to help others and seek help for yourself. The FDA role requires immense amounts of interdependence. You’re expected to be able to work with clinical staff, like Medical Providers, the Clinic Manager, and Medical Assistants, as well as our virtual support team to ensure delight across our patient population by connecting with your colleagues on a human-first basis. You should be able to contribute to a culture where asking for help is embraced and celebrated. This requires mastery over communication and collaboration and a desire to lean into problem-solving.
- Acceptance of Reality
- Things happen! Especially in a fast-paced clinical setting. Acceptance of Reality in the FDA role looks like acknowledging and accepting your personal limitations and constraints as well as the limitations of the clinic and the company, then asking for support when you need it. With a strong sense of self-awareness and impeccable communication skills, you can achieve a high level of Acceptance of Reality.
- Excellence is about constantly elevating yourself– it is the process of constantly striving to perform to the best of your abilities, and identifying your top potential through constant learning, experimentation and evolution. Experimentation might seem like a scary word in a clinical setting, but at Tia, we believe that we should maintain best medical practices on an excellent level while also testing the limits of what we can accomplish together. Experimentation as an FDA can look like collaborating with colleagues on procedures that could improve clinical operations or developing new workflows that increase efficiency as well as employee and client satisfaction.
Abilities / Skills:
- Problem Solving
- You are able to identify the root cause of problems using independent digging/research and logical assumptions. In your assessment you are able to define the trade-offs & business impact and turn your insights into solutions for your function.
- In your collaboration with your manager, you integrate your knowledge of the function & company's goals to propose alternative prioritization as needed.
- Internal Communication Skills
- You communicate, both spoken & written, clearly to your manager, peers, & patients in a way that drives clarity and minimizes confusion.
- Execution, Initiative and Accountability
- Consistently & reliably completes assigned work within deadlines & proactively flags any risks on misses to manager with explanation & proposed solutions. You take responsibility for your actions, performance, behaviors, & decisions.
- Core Area Knowledge
- Develops, builds, and shows an interest in Tia's principles, practices, and tools. Able to quickly develop knowledge in new areas and train others on your knowledge to help build the skill set amongst the team.
- FDA Core Area Knowledge includes but is not limited to:
- Greet and assist patients, or other related individuals to appropriate locations while maintaining excellent customer service at all times.
- Maintain lines of communication amongst care team members (MAs, providers, CM, CCs) to ensure back and front of house operations are aligned with patient/care team needs.
- Maintain accuracy in DrChrono and TiaAdmin for effective appointment scheduling.
- Assist care coordinators in the booking process. Scheduling all inbound patients based on assignment and accurately manage correspondence in Tia systems (CWCT, TiaMD Tasks, Slack)
- Educate patients when visiting the clinic on Tia Services (appointment types, acupuncture, member portal, retail products, pricing, etc.)
- Spearhead all administrative duties varying from scanning and uploading patient medical health information, electronic filing of EOBs, documentation upkeep of clinic operations such as billing Issues, and mail sorting.
- Basic housekeeping to ensure communal areas are stocked, clean, and maintained, including escalation of any facilities issues.
- Managing the restocking of inventory for office and hospitality supplies.
- Hospitality: Be compassionate and utilize interpersonal communication to execute a hospitable and seamless patient experience
- Greet and direct all patients, or other related individuals to appropriate locations while maintaining excellent customer service at all times
- Maintain lines of communication amongst care team members to ensure back and front-of-house operations are aligned with patient/care team needs
- Member Engagement: Compassionately embody the voice of Tia for prospective and existing members and provide excellent client service orientation
- Educate patients when visiting the clinic on Tia Services (workshops, acupuncture, community events, retail products, pricing, etc.)
- You’re passionate about diversity and inclusion. You believe in sex-positive, no judgment, and radically inclusive healthcare for every person, and espouse these values in your everyday life
- Administrative Duties: Have a great ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Spearhead all administrative duties varying from scanning and uploading patient medical health information, electronic filing of EOBs, documentation upkeep of clinic operations such as Wellness Credits, billing Issues, Inventory, Mail assortment, Accuracy in DrChrono Appointments Check-In/Out Flow in regards to Payment Profiles, Billing Status
- Assist care coordinators in the booking process. Scheduling all inbound patients based on assignment.
- Facility Maintenance: Set the bar incredibly high and be keen to detail
- Basic housekeeping to ensure communal areas are stocked, clean, and maintained.
- Escalate any facility maintenance issues
- Ad - Hoc Duties: Through cross-functional collaboration, have the ability to execute ad-hoc projects as needed and meet deadlines.
- Undertake additional ad-hoc projects as assigned to help with clinic operations varying from research, product sourcing, GSuite Documentation of processes, miscellaneous errands, and facilitation of team meetings and/or trainings.
Founded in 2017 by Carolyn Witte and Felicity Yost, Tia is the modern medical home for women. We are trailblazing a new paradigm for women’s healthcare that treats women as whole people vs. parts or life stages. Blending in-person and virtual care services, Tia’s “Whole Woman, Whole Life” care model fuses gynecology, primary care, mental health and evidence-based wellness services to treat women comprehensively. By making women’s health higher quality and lower cost, Tia makes women healthier, providers happier, and the business of care delivery stronger — setting a new standard of care for women everywhere.
Tia has raised more than $132 Million in venture capital funding to date, including a recent $100 Million Series B investment, one of the largest early-stage rounds ever for a healthcare company focused on women. Tia has ambitious plans to scale its “whole-woman, whole-life” model to more than 100,000 women by 2023. We’ll do this by growing virtual and in-person operations in existing and new markets while expanding its service lines to care for women throughout their entire lives -- from puberty to menopause. Since launching in 2017, Tia has grown to serve thousands of women aged 18-80 with blended in-person and virtual care in New York City, Los Angeles, Phoenix and soon San Francisco.
We’re building a world class team to reimagine women’s healthcare. We’re an interdisciplinary team of clinicians, researchers, designers, technologists and operators who have seen firsthand how broken the healthcare system is for women. We’re united by a powerful mission to enable every woman to achieve optimal health, as defined by herself, as well as a shared set of values and principles that define our business, products, and culture.
Tia is building a culture of excellence — in people, process and product. This is our northstar value;
What is excellence, exactly?
Excellence about constantly elevating yourself, it is the process of constantly striving to perform to the best of your abilities, and identifying your top potential through constant learning, experimentation and evolution. Excellence is not about achieving perfection, as that insinuates a pinnacle. Instead, in our terms, excellence is about the pursuit of constant improvement. We’re looking for people who want to go on that hard journey of constantly setting new personal records, and organizational records.
We practice excellence at Tia by demonstrating the following types of behaviors: We chose (and actively choose) excellence as Tia’s highest order value because it crystalizes into one word several behaviors that we hold dear, specifically:
- A drive to constantly improve through experimentation, reflection. and an insatiable growth mindset — said another way, we’re energized by the possibility of invention, innovation, and iteration
- Being present in and grateful for the journey — not just the goal line. Perfection is static. Excellence is a process (more on this important distinction below)
- Asking why, then why again — because accepting “this is just the way it is” is not good enough
- Grit & perseverance — a maker mentality that involves “rolling up your sleeves”, but also deep care for oneself and for others
- A commitment to uncovering talents to unlock “rock star” potential across every individual
Furthermore, excellence reflects the “bigness” and the “boldness” of Tia’s mission and vision — a world in which every woman can achieve optimal health, as defined by herself.
Said another way, Tia’s mission is NOT to make healthcare incrementally better for women. Instead, we’ve intentionally set out to create a fundamentally new paradigm for modern women’s healthcare that’s truly excellent. We believe that creating a company that operates in a culture of excellence will manifest in our product. Reaching this goal is not an overnight pursuit or a “one and done.” We have not and will not “get it right” with the first swing. Rather, this higher order goal is a moving target — one we have not and will not ever fully “achieve.” By design, we will never be “done” with this work, but instead, we will be continuously in pursuit of our mission. It is this continuous pursuit — the journey, not the finish line — that truly embodies excellence.
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!