Nurse Practitioner - (Women's Health) Los Angeles
About the role:
We’re looking for 3 Full-Time Nurse Practitioners passionate about women’s health for the following Tia clinic locations:
Santa Monica Tia Clinic, (Los Angeles County). - 2 Openings and Silver Lake Tia Clinic, (Los Angeles County). 1 opening
As a Nurse Practitioner at Tia you’ll be the backbone of the care delivery system. Your clinical expertise related to the full spectrum of providing affirming primary care for women including: gynecological services, primary care, procedures and holistic whole person care is welcome! We are looking for a clinical background as a family and/or adult nurse practitioner or women’s health nurse practitioner.
Nurse Practitioners are integral to the formation and iteration of our technology development cycles. In addition to your clinical role, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the technology in women’s healthcare. You’ll collaborate with our product & engineering teams to share insights and feedback.
A bit about you-values and abilities you’ll bring to Tia:
- You’re motivated to elevate women’s care by bringing a shared-decision making approach to women’s health.
- You believe that each woman knows her body best, though she may need help interpreting what the signs mean. Your mission as a woman’s healthcare provider is to help your patients understand those signs and develop robust, multi-faceted treatment plans to reach health goals. You practice this by being a true partner on a patient’s health journey, never dogmatic, rigid or glued to institutions.
- You are an incredibly good question-asker & prober, this allows you to identify nuances of a patient's life that could be pertinent to their story. You’re like a detective -- but you do this with an elegance that makes the patient feel at ease divulging life secrets.
- You’re comfortable with technology and interested in the process of developing new technology to support high quality clinical care..
- You’re data driven and consistently incorporate new and evolving research into your day-to-day practice
- You’re a high functioning multi-tasker who has an incredible ability to stay calm and focused under pressure - this is a given - you are a NP after all!
- You are a tolerant and inclusive thinker. You believe in sex-positive, no judgement and radically inclusive healthcare for every person, and espouse these values in your everyday life.
Skills and assets you’ll bring to Tia:
- You’re a board certified Nurse Practitioner (women’s health nurse practitioner or family nurse practitioner preferred), in the state of California, with an unrestricted license, able to provide primary care and support of all aspects of women’s health with compassion and empathy
- You’re adept at providing gynecology services including: STD screens, UTI & Vaginal infections consults, PID, Pelvic Pain, Vaginal Bleeding, Birth Control counseling, Annual Exams and Pap Smears, Hormone / PMS Counseling
- You are comfortable with a wide range of primary care concerns that affect women throughout their lifespan.
- Experience or formal training weaving integrative medicine practices into your care plan including
- You’re highly tech savvy
- You’re willing to work evenings + weekends as needed by schedule
- You’re authorized to work in the US
Other “nice to have” skills:
- You have strong skills in performing colposcopies, biopsies and IUD placements or a desire to learn.
- As an organization that seeks to create an environment for all women to feel safe, heard, recognized and avowed in their health, bodies and lives, we are consistently seeking providers with backgrounds that are meaningfully different from those already forming our team. You bring a diverse background, a range of care experiences in different communities or various modalities.
- Formal professional training in the following areas is highly valued: care delivery for women who have experienced trauma including having a lived experience of abuse, decision making support for low-income women, care delivery for LGBTQ identified folks, care delivery for immigrant or migrant or english-as-a-second-language support populations.
- A strong understanding of & interest in chronic stress and trauma as it relates to immune system compromise and inflammatory response systems is a plus.
- Experience or formal training weaving integrative medicine practices into your care plan development.
- Contracted with major payers (BCBS / Anthem, Cigna, Aetna, United)
Tia requires that Nurse Practitioners complete credentialing with specified payors and that you authorize Tia to complete this credentialing through our preferred vendors.
Per California Pay Transparency Laws (as of Jan 1, 2023), please see below for the compensation range for a Nurse Practitioner - (Women's Health) Los Angeles: $140,000 - $160,000
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary
- Annual CEU stipend
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid holidays, robust vacation, and sick leave
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!
Founded in 2017 by Carolyn Witte and Felicity Yost, Tia is the modern medical home for women. We are trailblazing a new paradigm for women’s healthcare that treats women as whole people vs. parts or life stages. Blending in-person and virtual care services, Tia’s “Whole Woman, Whole Life” care model fuses gynecology, primary care, mental health and evidence-based wellness services to treat women comprehensively. By making women’s health higher quality and lower cost, Tia makes women healthier, providers happier, and the business of care delivery stronger — setting a new standard of care for women everywhere.
Tia has raised more than $132 Million in venture capital funding to date, including a recent $100 Million Series B investment, one of the largest early-stage rounds ever for a healthcare company focused on women. Tia has ambitious plans to scale its “whole-woman, whole-life” model to more than 100,000 women by 2023. We’ll do this by growing virtual and in-person operations in existing and new markets while expanding its service lines to care for women throughout their entire lives -- from puberty to menopause. Since launching in 2017, Tia has grown to serve thousands of women aged 18-80 with blended in-person and virtual care in New York City, Los Angeles, Phoenix and soon San Francisco.
We’re building a world class team to reimagine women’s healthcare. We’re an interdisciplinary team of clinicians, researchers, designers, technologists and operators who have seen firsthand how broken the healthcare system is for women. We’re united by a powerful mission to enable every woman to achieve optimal health, as defined by herself, as well as a shared set of values and principles that define our business, products, and culture.
Our company values:
- Health & Wellbeing: We believe that health & wellbeing is a fundamental human need and right. We prioritize the health & wellbeing of our employees and their families.
- Compassion: We believe that compassion is as important as information and care itself. We imbue compassion into our care, leadership, and communication.
- Individual Agency: We believe that every person has a responsibility to enact their agency for the betterment of themselves and others. We encourage all employees to call out problems and advocate for solutions.
- Collaboration: We believe that collaboration engenders creativity and outsized impact more than hyper-specialized or individualistic approaches to solving problems. We believe collaboration fosters different perspectives, experiences, and skillsets.
- Aspirational Thinking: We believe that aspirational thinking leads to higher quality work and transformative outcomes. We encourage all employees to think through problems and reach for solutions that raise the bar.