Director of Platform
The Helm is looking for a motivated self-starter to scale and execute our venture platform strategy. This role will work to cultivate, manage, and leverage networks and services to help elevate The Helm’s portfolio companies, as well as work alongside the firm’s leadership to ensure seamless operational support. This role is multi-disciplinary and will involve exposure to general administration, marketing, and platform. It also requires an intimate understanding of the highs and lows of startup life. This is not an investing role, though you will have a front seat to the investing side of VC. Responsibilities include:
- Work with leadership to construct and implement firm-wide platform strategy and offering
- Develop resources, programs, and connections to address the key challenges and needs of The Helm’s portfolio
- Develop and track portfolio company KPIs
- Grow, maintain, and liaise with a network of external service providers to support portfolio companies, including executive search firms, lawyers, banks, executive coaches, PR firms, etc.
- Prepare quarterly portfolio updates for investors and wider community
- Drive community events strategy, logistics, and budget, including the annual meeting, ecosystem dinners, portfolio events, etc.
- Spearhead ad hoc special projects
- Create and Disseminate internal and external communications (ranging from website copy to social media) regarding portfolio companies
- 5+ years of prior experience in an operations or community role in either a VC/PE firm or company/startup
- Strong communication skills with a high EQ; this is a people-facing role
- A sense of urgency around and ownership of deliverables and a commitment to delivering quality results with great attention to detail
- Legendary organization skills & a desire to build
- Investing experience is nice-to-have, but not required. This is not an investing role, though you will have a front seat to the investing side of VC.
- Integrity, a sense of humor, and a belief in the power of community
- Our core values include generosity, positivity, discipline, and curiosity; all of which we consider non-negotiables in building a successful company and fund
This is a hybrid remote/in-person position. Applicants must be based in New York with the ability to take meetings in New York City 2-3 days per week. Please submit your resume and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org