Contracted In-Person Labor Doula
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
Mahmee is on a mission to make the United States the best place in the world to give birth by providing wraparound pregnancy and postpartum care that treats the whole you, at a transparent monthly price. Our vision is equitable access to comprehensive maternal and infant healthcare for all. Mahmee is backed by some of the most well-known venture capital investors in the world, including Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Mark Cuban, Serena Williams, and Arlan Hamilton, among others.
The goal of this role is to promote health equity, empower patients and optimize patient safety through in-person advocacy, support, and fast connection to care and resources before, during and after childbirth.
You will need experience and/or knowledge in these areas to be successful in this role:
- Prenatal and postpartum education
- In-person Labor support
- Newborn/infant care
- Health equity and cultural humility
- Have completed a full spectrum doula training certificate program and have it current.
You must have all of these skills:
- In-person labor support for birthing people and their families
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Digital communication tools (messaging, email, video chat)
- Electronic Health Record/Electronic Medical Record (EHR/EMR) or similar program
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- In-person attendance to childbirth, and other L&D procedures, as assigned: Provide continuous and comprehensive bedside childbirth doula support; engage Mahmee virtual doula team for backup support when needed; conclude in-person labor support 1-2 hours after delivery occurs
- In-person prenatal and postpartum doula appointments, as assigned: Provide psychosocial support and anticipatory guidance for patients during pregnancy and postpartum appointments scheduled by a Care Coordinator, including, but not limited to, creating birth plans, preparing for medical office visits, educating on common labor and delivery practices, planning for help at home, debriefing birth stories
- Patient Communication: Proactive and professional engagement with patients while creating interactions that promote trust, respect, inclusion, and empathy in a virtual environment
- Escalation of Concerns: Prompt communication to an appropriate clinical team member, including escalation of medical concerns to the patient’s obstetrician or primary care provider
- Coordination: Prompt management of all messaging/interactions utilizing excellent communication skills with accessible and inclusive language. Seamless connection to other members of the care team in lactation, nursing, care coordination, mental health, and nutrition
Mahmee’s Commitment as an Equal Opportunity Employer
Mahmee values diverse experiences. If you have important skills that we haven't listed here, please don’t hesitate to apply and tell us more about your unique expertise. Just like we fight for equitable access to healthcare, we also stand for equitable access to career opportunity. Inclusive hiring is incredibly important to our organization, and we welcome individuals of all cultural backgrounds and experiences to apply to our open positions. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.