Soy Marketing Manager
Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 270 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ROLE....
Our crop focus is on corn, soybeans and wheat for which the possibilities of our SEEDesign edits are nearly endless and must be prioritized to deliver on our promise to our stakeholders, including customers, investors, and consumers. As the SOYBEAN MARKETING MANAGER, you will lead the efforts to identify and prioritize soybean genetics for gene editing &/or trait introgression. You will also be a key liaison between the Inari Product Development organization and key customers. This role will collaborate across nearly all functions of Inari. Utilizing great collaboration skills, market knowledge, strategic thinking, analytical aptitude and a desire for creating new value, this role will have a significant impact on the success of Inari.
This position may be based remotely or in our West Lafayette, Indiana location and reports to the VP, Commercial Business Unit.
AS SOYBEAN MARKETING MANAGER, YOU WILL…
- Lead the efforts to identify and prioritize gene editing target soy germplasm from collaborators and internal breeding programs.
- Assist Commercial Business Unit & Collaboration colleagues with key customer sales calls and soybean product discussions.
- Assist VP, Commercial Business Unit in soybean portfolio management.
- Partner with Product Team to create product tech sheets and all Soybean promotional materials.
- Provide key input and execution of all Soybean product launches.
- Define soybean product specifications and advancement criteria to guide product evaluation and advancement.
- Work with commercial leadership to create appropriate pricing and marketing plans for Soybean products.
- Work with Commercial & Collaboration colleagues to collect appropriate soy demand plans to drive parent seed increases.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of Soybean competitive landscape and key competitors and portfolios for product positioning and placement.
- S. in Agronomy, Ag Business, or similar with 5+ years of industry experience in Ag sales & marketing, agronomy, and/or product management.
- Basic understanding of all aspects of Soybean seed business including product performance evaluation, agronomic practices, growing environment differences, and seed production & supply chain.
- Ability to evaluate and assess Soybean products in the field.
- Ability to speak with customers and present Soybean products and/or technologies in a way that customers will understand.
- Ability to sort through ambiguity and strong interest to create structure, process, and policy in area of responsibility.
- Working knowledge of standard office software tools.
- Experience developing crop and product strategies along with working knowledge of product lifecycle management, portfolio management, and optimization.
- Demonstrated strength in working and influencing across functions and teams. Ability to collaborate across Science, Product Development, and Commercial.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions.
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning.
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure.
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback.
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences.
- Ability to travel as needed, primarily in upper Midwest where key customers are located.
- Previous experience in agriculture seed sales is highly desirable.
FOR U.S. CANDIDATES: Please note that we use the resume you submit with your application during our background check process. To ensure an efficient and accurate background verification, we kindly ask that you carefully review and accurately represent your work history, education and other relevant information on your resume. Any discrepancies or inaccuracies found during the background check may impact your candidacy for the position.