Senior Greenhouse Associate
Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 270 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role....
The Sr. Research Associate position within the Controlled Environment team will work in an expanding facility located in West Lafayette, IN. This position manages the soybean editing production pipeline and crossing projects. Additionally, this role will be responsible for managing reports and workload to complete affiliated activities. The ideal candidate will have expertise in industry that will enable improved growth conditions and maximize the capabilities for a diverse soybean germplasm pool. Additionally, this role is expected to provide and maintain, analyze and summarize datasets to generate reporting and communication. The candidate can expect a rapid paced atmosphere and will be flexible, show initiative, demonstrate leadership and good judgment to achieve established goals and deliverables. This position desires a dynamic, self-motivated leader to join our fast-growing and collaborative team of scientists.
As a Sr. Research Associate-Greenhouse, you will…
- Manage the soybean editing production, crossing and other related projects in greenhouse
- Execute and manage associated activities with team members to exceed established deliverables
- Supervisory responsibility including training and developing of direct reports
- Develop planting plans and coordinate planting trials for seed or embryo production and trait characterization
- Collaborate with project requestors to develop an effective strategy to execute and deliver the projects successfully
- Lead process improvement and optimization experimentation and troubleshooting
- Contribute to data analysis, collection and management
- Interpret and summarize data and maintain detailed, accurate and comprehensible records of experiments and results
- Develop written reports and communicate results in written and oral presentations
- Maintain a clean greenhouse free of insects, diseases by instituting practices that contribute to a sustainable IPM program
- Assist the team to develop and introduce best practices into accelerated growing cycles
- Work closely with team members to maintain a completely functioning facility
- Learn and apply all regulatory, stewardship, quality management systems, and environmental, health and safety requirements
- BS in plant sciences or closely related discipline (plant physiology, agronomy, horticulture) with 5 years of relevant experience or MS degree with 2 years of experience
- Experience in field cropping or contained environments of major commercial crops
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Understanding of experimental design and execution in greenhouse
- Experience with managing data in databases
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, production environment
- Working knowledge of IPM and the ability to identify diseases and insects
- Collaborative workmanship across functions
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Willingness and capability to supervise assistants and develop leadership skills
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google software
- Willingness to work occasional weekend and Holidays
FOR U.S. CANDIDATES: Please note that we use the resume you submit with your application during our background check process. To ensure an efficient and accurate background verification, we kindly ask that you carefully review and accurately represent your work history, education and other relevant information on your resume. Any discrepancies or inaccuracies found during the background check may impact your candidacy for the position.