Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 270 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Phenomics service lead, you will…
· Lead the team that supports scientific projects during all stages of their phenotyping experiments: from providing advise on the experimental design and putting a data-analysis plan into place to the (statistical) analysis of phenotypic datasets, creation of reproducible reports and long-term storage of the raw data and processed results
· Contribute to the ongoing development of high-throughput and image-based methodology for phenotyping
· Work closely together with our AI team to derive phenotypic metrics from collected data and images using Machine Learning Models
· Be responsible for the implementation of the FAIR data principles for phenotypic data
· Work closely together with our data and engineering team to further build our internal data storage solution for phenotypic data
· Work together with scientists to identify technology gaps, improvement opportunities, …
· Manage the allocation and scheduling of work amongst your team members
· Manage team composition to ensure key competencies are met to execute the requested work
· Support your team members to develop their technical skill set
· Ph.D. in statistics, computer science, plant sciences or related discipline with a minimum of 5 years of experience
· Extensive experience working with a diverse range of plant phenotypic data
· Proven experience with high-throughput phenotyping platforms
· Strong programming skills (Python, R, …)
· Strong knowledge of statistical models most commonly used to analyze phenotypic datasets
· Proactive, highly motivated and strong team player with a high degree of independence
· Innovative and critical thinking, demonstrated problem-solving skills
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· Strong communication skills, both written and oral
· A collaborative approach, open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
· Industry experience
· Knowledge of plant physiology
· Experience in image processing
· Experience with data management
FOR U.S. CANDIDATES: Please note that we use the resume you submit with your application during our background check process. To ensure an efficient and accurate background verification, we kindly ask that you carefully review and accurately represent your work history, education and other relevant information on your resume. Any discrepancies or inaccuracies found during the background check may impact your candidacy for the position.