Finance Business Partner
Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 270 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
The Finance business partner (FBP) actively contributes to the realisation of Inari’s Financial Strategy, by providing effective, accurate and timely information and high-quality support to the affiliate in Ghent.
The FBP will act as a trusted point of contact for the business, using your financial expertise and problem-solving skills to lead, advise and constructively challenge financial performance to deliver effective budgetary control and financial forecasting information.
The FBP will proactively build and manage effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, providing high quality financial analysis to support and drive decision-making, whilst ensuring compliance to tax and financial reporting requirements.
The role will lead the budget setting and review process for the respective affiliate, ensuring accuracy and completion to the agreed timelines.
• To act as key finance contact for the Inari site in Ghent, supporting and guiding internal and external stakeholders to make financially informed and compliant decisions in a timely manner.
• To produce and develop the reports to the agreed reporting timetable, that reflect the financial performance and includes meaningful commentary to support key decision-making.
• To establish periodic budget holder meetings with key stakeholders to discuss and constructively challenge variances to ensure accurate forecasting.
• To lead the budget setting and review process in order to support and feed into the Inari-wide budget.
• To produce and issue other relevant ad-hoc financial and project progress reporting as required by the business.
• To communicate financial information and guidance in a clear and non-technical manner to non-finance colleagues in the business, acting as the interface between finance and operations.
• To ensure that the financial and tax requirements are met.
• To coordinate and assist with audit preparation and execution to ensure Inari meet its financial reporting standards.
• To keep up to date with developments in all financial areas relevant to role, and make recommendations to the business accordingly.
Experience: at least 5 years of experience in a generalist finance role and ready to take your career to the next level.
Financial & Tax Records: You know your way around financial and tax records and statements
Language Skills: You fluently speak English and Dutch, and you're comfortable communicating with stakeholders across multiple teams.
Communication: You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, which you use to articulate your thoughts efficiently across different teams or stakeholders.
Critical Thinking: You're proficient in critical thinking and analysis, and you're capable of utilising and assessing various data sources.
Financial Systems: You have advanced financial systems expertise, and you're keen to work with IT/Finance tools to improve processes and increase efficiency. NetSuite proficiency required.
Automation: You're skilled in integrating diverse tools for process automation, and you're always on the lookout for new ways to streamline processes and improve performance.
Personality: autonomous, self-organisation capabilities (in an unstructured environment), collaborative, accountable
FOR U.S. CANDIDATES: Please note that we use the resume you submit with your application during our background check process. To ensure an efficient and accurate background verification, we kindly ask that you carefully review and accurately represent your work history, education and other relevant information on your resume. Any discrepancies or inaccuracies found during the background check may impact your candidacy for the position.