Telehealth Advanced Practice Clinician (Full Time)
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2022
All positions are fully remote from protected states in the eyes of abortion law (CA, CT, DE, IL, MA, NJ, NM, NY)
Hey Jane is healthcare, on your own terms. As the most-trusted virtual clinic offering telemedicine abortion care, we’re proudly putting the power back in people’s hands by providing care that’s private, safe, supportive, accessible, and convenient—for less than half the average in-clinic cost of a medication abortion.
Our innovative Complete Care model utilizes technology for unparalleled layers of support: medical, emotional, and social. Not only do eligible patients get FDA-approved medications delivered to their door, but our experienced clinical care team is always just a call or text away and all of our patients have access to our first-of-its-kind peer-to-peer community forum. Since 2021, Hey Jane has helped more than 25,000 patients get the care they need. And this is only the beginning; soon, we will reimagine care for even more common but underserved treatments, with the ultimate goal of becoming the most trusted healthcare company out there—one that pushes the boundaries of access with convenient, inclusive, and patient-driven care.
We are looking for providers eager to be at the forefront of a new model of care delivery that leverages telemedicine to challenge the status quo in healthcare. As a Hey Jane provider, you will provide medication abortion care to patients via Hey Jane’s online platform. Patients can opt for video or asynchronous appointments with a provider in order to be approved for treatment. Prescribers are responsible for reviewing patients’ medical intake responses, communicating with them via our HIPAA-compliant messaging app or on a live video appointment, and determining if they are eligible for online medication abortion treatment. Medications are then prescribed to a mail order pharmacy and sent directly to the patient. Administrative tasks, patient education and support, non-urgent medical support, and follow up review will primarily be done by our nursing and patient advocate teams. Medical prescribers will be responsible for responding to medical inquiries from patients that require further medical evaluation, as well as directing nursing staff regarding referrals and additional prescriptions, as necessary.
- Active Board Certification, in good standing to practice medicine
- Active state licensure (NP, PA-C, CNM)
- Willing and eligible to apply for additional licenses
- DEA License (or ability to obtain)
- 1+ year experience providing abortion & reproductive healthcare
- Interest in providing caring and compassionate services to diverse population with a non-judgmental, patient-centered approach
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Skilled at using online tools and technology to deliver care and communicate with patients
- Professional commitment to mission, philosophy and goals of Hey Jane. Adheres to Hey Jane’s policies and is committed to act legally and ethically within the scope of work.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment where processes may change quickly and frequently
- Eager to engage in constant process improvement to refine our tools and operations for improved care delivery
- No restrictions on ability to be credentialed with Medicaid or other payers
- Additional licenses in the following states: NY, WA, CA, IL, CO, NM, NJ, CT, MD, VT, HI, MA
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Startup experience
- Competency in providing trauma-informed care
- 1+ year of telehealth experience
At Hey Jane, we work towards the vision of having equitable healthcare, changing the status quo, and rebuilding the way people experience healthcare—and bring that same vision to our workplace. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive environment, and encourage all applicants from every background and life experience.
See more open positions at Hey Jane
Something looks off?