Senior Marketing Manager (Generalist)
Marketing & Communications
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 2, 2023
Dogdrop, a fast-growing dog care company, is seeking an experienced early stage marketing leader (generalist) to develop and execute comprehensive marketing strategies and performance for company-owned stores, franchise locations, and franchise sales. This will lead and manage marketing efforts to increase brand awareness, drive traffic to stores, grow membership base, and support franchise sales. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of developing and implementing successful marketing campaigns, an entrepreneurial mindset, and a passion for pets. This person must have demonstrated success at least one early stage company.
Previous experience with brick and mortar and/or franchise businesses is ideal.
We are open to having a fractional hire for this role.
- Your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans and strategies for company-owned stores, franchise locations, and franchise sales.
- Lead our creative team to produce relevant marketing collateral, including digital and print materials, such as flyers, brochures, etc.
- Manage digital marketing budget, reporting, and accounts by working with our third party agency (Google My Business, Google Adwords, Meta, TikTok, Nextdoor, Yelp, LinkedIn, etc.) to optimize leads for our various locations.
- Develop and execute grassroots marketing efforts for each location, including local events, and local partnerships for company owned and franchise locations
- Collaborate with our SEO team to continuously improve rankings (blog content, guest posts, audit web content, etc.)
- Collaborate with PR team and conduct outbound PR efforts when needed
- Execute and improve upon our social media strategy. Manage all social channels (Tiktok, Reels, etc.) to increase engagement, drive traffic, and build a strong community.
- Support franchisees with social media content ideas and assets.
- Manage influencer marketing campaigns to increase brand awareness and drive traffic to our locations.
- Analyze marketing data and metrics to track performance and make data-driven decisions.
- Work closely with the operations team to ensure marketing strategies align with the overall business objectives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with franchisees to provide marketing support and ensure consistent brand messaging across all locations.
- Plan, manage, and assist at events, conferences, and more.
- You are customer-centric. You understand that our goal is to provide great care to dogs and their parents, and you know how to communicate this with them and get them excited about Dogdrop.
- You are a true marketing generalist that can get anything done. You can identify gaps and fill them, in order to build an incredible marketing function at our company.
- You know what metrics matter and how to track them so you they continuously improve.
- You know how to get the rest of the team on board to meet marketing goals
- You have incredible attention to detail in every aspect of what you do, from sending emails and slack messages to strategic documentation and reporting.
- You are excited to work with location managers and franchisees to understand what they need and how to market their location successfully.
- You understand the nuances of brick and mortar/franchise businesses and how to market them well to local customers.
- You have successfully managed at least 1 direct report in a previous role and know what it takes to lead a team.
- 5+ years of experience in all areas of marketing, with a track record of developing and implementing successful marketing campaigns.
- 2+ years of marketing at an early stage company with proven success
- Brick and mortar experience
- Experience with Canva and managing design team members to create marketing assets that produce results.
- Experience in social media management, influencer marketing, and event planning.
- Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; must be able to meet deadlines.
- Able to context switch, be fast thinking, strive in a changing environment, and re-organize priorities when things shift - we are a small team!
- Passion for pets and the pet care industry.