AOA Dx is developing the next frontier in early-stage cancer detection through its pioneering work in glycolipids and proprietary biomarker technology. Our revolutionary tumor marker ganglioside platform, GlycoLocate™, is paving the way for life-saving early cancer detection. In a first of its kind, AOA Dx is developing AKRIVIS GD™, an early-stage liquid biopsy test for ovarian cancer.
AOA Dx is seeking an ELISA Scientist to drive development of ELISA and other immune-based assays, ultimately developing a commercial diagnostic for early cancer detection, specifically ovarian cancer. Be a direct contributor to its successful launch, kitting, distribution and product goals through commercialization.
The ideal candidate will have developed several immunoassays and understands the variables that might impact the utility of the assay. The candidate will design experiments to demonstrate assay validity and specificity, as well as design long-term stability experiments. The candidate is expected to be working at the bench and helping to lead technicians and other scientists in immunoassay experiments.
- Design experiments to meet assay development metrics and milestones for ELISA product development life cycle and present those designs to cross disciplinary team.
- Work with cross disciplinary team to present results, and update experimental plans and timelines based on interpretation of said results.
- Conduct literature searches to support troubleshooting during assay development.
- Design long-term experiments designed to test assay and analyte stability.
- Plan, perform and analyze laboratory experiments in a safe, timely manner.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries and quantitative analyses.
- Effectively communicate results internally to team and externally to collaborators by written and verbal means.
- May attend scientific conferences and contribute to scientific journals.
- Participate in identifying and resolving technical problems relating to conducting scientific experiments.
- M.S. in Biochemistry, biology, life-sciences or related field with 3+ years of post-graduate experience or PhD with 0 years of post-graduate experience
- Demonstrated experimental experience designing and developing ELISAs and immunoassays. Understanding of biochemistry and organic chemistry
- Experience with analyte extraction from a variety of biological matrices (cell, plasma, serum, etc)Experience with lipids is a plus. Industry experience is a plus
- Good problem solving and creative scientific skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Effective handling of simultaneous projects
- Ability to clearly present technical and conceptual information verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated growth in acquiring new skills and understanding new concepts
The salary range for this position is $105,000 to $125,000 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The actual compensation and seniority level for this position will be determined based on relevant experience and qualifications.
AOA Dx offers competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, group health, dental, and vision insurance, 100% employee sponsored life and disability benefits, monthly cell phone reimbursement, and a 401k plan with employer match.
For consideration, please apply via LinkedIn or email us with your resume referencing ELISA SCIENTIST in the subject line to email@example.com
We foster an environment where all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation or expression, age, disability or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.