Chief of Staff
AOA Dx is developing the next frontier in early-stage cancer detection through its pioneering work in glycolipids and proprietary biomarker technology. Our revolutionary tumor marker ganglioside platform, GlycoLocate™, is paving the way for life-saving early cancer detection. In a first of its kind, AOA Dx is developing AKRIVIS GD™, an early-stage liquid biopsy test for ovarian cancer.
We are seeking a Chief of Staff to report directly to and support our CEO in all matters of strategy and operations.
As a Chief of Staff to the CEO, you will have a unique opportunity to understand and influence the day-to-day priorities from the vantage point of a CEO. You will be exposed to every function and learn how to execute strategies and navigate the intricacies of a biotech startup. This role is based in Denver, Colorado.
You will own and run our objectives and key results (OKR) process, foster internal collaboration, support Investor Relations, and facilitate cross-functional strategic initiatives.
You will own our OKR process:
- Translate the company’s strategy into company-level OKRs
- Work with all department heads and their teams to develop department- and team-level OKRs
- Ensure alignment across cross-functional teams on strategic objectives and monitor progress toward key milestones
- Track each team’s progress against their OKRs and provide recommendations to department heads and the CEO when OKRs are not on track
- Support the CEO in setting and/or adjusting the company’s overall strategy based on our progress.
- Work effectively with the CEO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Be a strategic advisor to the CEO in having a keen ability to “see around the corner”, leaping steps ahead on projects and initiatives according to our CEO’s next predicted actions and desirable outcomes
You will foster internal collaboration:
- Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness across departments.
- Streamline processes and workflows to enhance productivity and reduce inefficiencies
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO office and internal functions demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with the executive management team
- Support the CEO in making informed and data-driven decisions
- Foster a collaborative and supportive working environment that encourages cross-functional teamwork and cultivates an environment that makes AOA a great place to work
You will support our Investor Relations function:
- Alongside CEO, support corporate governance processes, including Board of Director meetings
- Inform our strategy to prepare for future fundraises
- Create slides and other documentation to support the fundraising process
- Interface with all departments to build presentations
You will facilitate cross-functional strategic initiatives that vary in scope over time. Examples include, but are not limited to the following:
- Run successful public relations campaigns
- Organize and execute leadership meetings and offsites
- Manage ad hoc projects and initiatives as directed by the CEO, which may involve research, analysis, and execution.
- Build strategic partnerships with other players in the ecosystem
What will help you succeed in this role:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Engineering, or other STEM related fields. Advanced degree (MBA or equivalent) is preferred.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in leadership roles within the biotech or life sciences industry.
- 4 plus years of experience in a similar role, consulting, banking, venture capital, in a comparable role at a high-growth startup, or a related function is ideal.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinker with an ability to develop and execute complex strategies involving scientific and business model breakthroughs.
- Financial modeling skills is a plus
- World-class ability to communicate complex problems verbally, in writing, and in slides
- The ability to exercise discretion and maintain strict confidentiality on certain matters is of utmost importance.
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and especially Outlook).
- Exceptional time management, planning, problem-solving, project management and organizational skills.
- Attentive to details others might overlook
- Unique ability to build and foster trusted relationships with people of widely varying backgrounds
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Experience preparing Board meetings and running corporate governance processes is desired but not required
- Extensive knowledge of startup fundraising, and the venture capital industry is desired but not required
As with all new hires at AOA Dx, you will also need to be:
- A good person. Empathy is key
- Patient-focused and motivated to have a lasting, positive impact on humanity
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment with rapid change
- Action-oriented and excited to build a company from the ground up
- High motivation, with a strong work ethic and dedication to generating impact.
- Long-term personal vision with defined career goals.
- High EQ with team-oriented, collaborative thinking to create impact
- Results-driven to get things done
- Critical thinking to solve hard problems
The salary range for this position is $115,000 to $145,000 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The actual compensation and seniority level for this position will be determined based on relevant experience and qualifications.
AOA Dx offers competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, group health, dental, and vision insurance, 100% employee sponsored life and disability benefits, monthly cell phone reimbursement, and a 401k plan with employer match.
For consideration, please apply via LinkedIn or email us with your resume referencing Chief of Staff in the subject line to: email@example.com
We foster an environment where all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation or expression, age, disability or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.