About AOA Dx Inc.
AOA Dx is developing the next frontier in early-stage cancer detection through its pioneering work in glycolipids and proprietary biomarker technology. Our revolutionary tumor marker ganglioside platform, GlycoLocate™, is paving the way for life-saving early cancer detection. In a first of its kind, AOA Dx is developing AKRIVIS GD™, an early-stage liquid biopsy test for ovarian cancer.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic start-up company. The Lab Technician is responsible for carrying out reagent and assay development activities in the laboratory, working to achieve development project goals including data analysis and assay qualification. This is a laboratory position performing immunoassays on a routine basis with relatively high throughput (3-10 plates per day). A high degree of professional attitude, creativity and self-management is expected.
• Plan and execute experiments, and analyze data
• Present data in a clear, concise, and understandable manner
• Follow standard operating procedures and complete appropriate documentation to support testing procedures
• Analyze and prepare reagent and/or assay product documentation, organize and procure needed reagents, perform experiments, analyzing data and documenting results
• Participate in general lab maintenance including maintaining laboratory supplies and equipment
• Prepare, maintainm and report reagent inventories for assigned methods
• Utilize self-reliance in understanding and adhering to laboratory safety precautions and proper use of personal protective equipment
• Some projects require running assays with Biosafety Level 2 (BSL-2) samples such as human serum and plasma
• Specific duties may vary
Experience and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in life sciences, protein sciences, cellular/molecular biology, chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, or other related area is highly preferred. Additional experience may be substituted.
· Experience in reagent or assay development in an industrial setting is preferred
· Desirable skills/tools may include but are not limited to:
o Experience with immunoassays, running antibody-based assays, developing reagents and product development
o Experience working with glycolipids preferred
o Working knowledge of protein/lipid chemistry
o Understanding of basic molecular biology techniques
o Processing and/or characterizing reagents, proteins and antibodies
o Training and experience with Biosafety Level 2 (BSL-2) techniques is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong scientific fundamentals and analytical background
• Logical problem solving and demonstrated ability to organize and move project tasks forward in an orderly and structured fashion
• Demonstrate ability to process and characterize incoming proteins and antibodies according to existing procedures
• Independently execute assay and reagent troubleshooting, optimization and validation experiments
• Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills
• Effectively communicate issues/problems and results that impact timelines, accuracy and reliability of laboratory data
• Experience with standard data analysis tools (Excel) and the quantitative background to advance this knowledge on the job is expected
• Up to 75 % of the day may be spent at a lab bench
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
AOA Dx offers competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, a monthly healthcare stipend, 100% employee sponsored life and disability benefits, monthly cell phone reimbursement, and a 401k plan.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $70,000 commensurate with education and experience
Location: Denver, CO