Chief Scientific Officer
AOA Dx is seeking a driven and proven Chief Scientific Officer to join our executive leadership team and direct our scientific and strategic initiatives. This position will focus on the strategic development, expansion and execution of AOA Dx’s overall strategy to develop the GlycoLocateTM platform. This position will be responsible for program management and technical oversight of all of AOA Dx’s product offerings, spanning the product lifecycle from research to commercial manufacturing. This position will manage the full Development team. The successful candidate will report to the CEO.
• Fulfill the company’s mission and strategic objectives by advancing assets through early development to commercial launch
• With the Vice President of Platform Development, mentor and develop direct R&D reports, oversee and supervise the company’s Development team by providing strategic advice and guidance and ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget
• Formulate and supervise the overall research & development strategy of the company including all phases of discovery, research and development
• With the Vice President of Platform Development, supervise key discovery experiments and development processes to advance company’s pipeline programs towards the envisioned development milestones
• Establish research priorities, resourcing and scientific outcomes to achieve the company’s strategic goals and objectives
• Supervise the interactions with external academic, biotech and contract research organizations (CROs), engage external research environment and establish collaborations consistent with internal strategies
• Assess potential commercial applications of new research
• Lead the company’s strategy, goals and compliance for an in-house lab, ensuring goals are achieved by the company’s lab manager
• Strengthen the company’s IP portfolio
• Serve as a key resource for the CEO, the leadership team, and the Board of Directors on scientific matters related to AOA Dx’s platform and product development
• In conjunction with the CRO, provide guidance and expertise on scientific matters with regulatory agencies and submissions, scientific, and medical personnel
• In conjunction with the COO, develop and implement annual operating plans and project specific budgets and proposals for AOA’s development work consistent with the organization’s overall strategic plan
• Develop into a Key Opinion Leader in gangliosides, representing AOA Dx in settings both within the scientific community and the general population, including attending scientific conferences and authoring published research papers
· A Ph.D.-level degree in Biology, Biochemistry or Chemistry or comparable
· At least 5 years of experience in assay development (preferably familiar with IVD regulations)
· Lipidomics expertise preferred
· At least 5 years of experience leading scientific programs and teams of scientists and researchers
· At least 5 years of industry experience successfully bringing products to market
· Proficient knowledge in multiple platforms, including mass spectrometry, immunoassay development, and antibody development
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and relevant analytical software
· Excellent problem-solving and creative scientific skills
· Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
· Effective handling of simultaneous projects
· Ability to clearly present technical and conceptual information verbally and in writing
· Demonstrated growth in acquiring new skills and understanding new concepts
About AOA Dx Inc.
AOA Dx is developing the next frontier in early-stage cancer detection through its pioneering work in glycolipids and proprietary biomarker technology. Our revolutionary tumor marker ganglioside platform, GlycoLocateTM, is paving the way for life-saving early cancer detection. In a first of its kind, AOA Dx is developing AKRIVIS GDTM, an early-stage liquid biopsy test for ovarian cancer.
AOA Dx offers competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, a monthly healthcare stipend, 100% employee-sponsored life and disability benefits, monthly cell phone reimbursement, and a 401k plan.